Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNo - what?

In Swedish we say "a beloved child has many names" and that's definitely true about NaNo - also called NaNoWriMo or National Novel Writing Month. It's a writing challenge for everyone and anyone with one simple rule - write 50 000 words in one month. That month is November so if people are dropping off the grid all around you, NaNo might be the cause.

I've "won" twice (aka I did write 50k) but this year a lot of things are conspiring against me managing to write in that speed. I'm still attempting, but I will not put my physical health on the line. If my body says stop, I'll stop.

So, I've "come up with" (I wouldn't be surprised if other people have already arranged something similar) NaNoPhoMo: National November Photographing Month. As a picture says more than thousand words (my nickname is "thousand words" in Swedish after all), 50 photos in one month sounds like a reasonable alternative.

My pledge for November is to take 50 photographs of different motives (1-2 per day) and make a huge, insane collage of all of them. I'll post it here the 26th of November (because I'll be halfway around the world that last weekend).

Please let me know if you attempt something similar and I'll make sure to put up a post with links to everyone's collages.


To everyone already waist deep in plot holes and bunnies - good luck and don't panic.

2 comments:

  1. "Kärt barn har många namn." My mom, the Swede, used to say that all the time when I was growing up. Hope I remembered my Swedish correctly.

    I love your photography idea -- looking forward to seeing the result at the end of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Swedish is perfect! Thanks for stopping by and I'm quite happy about how the collage is turning out so far. It has squirrels and flowers and apples and stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete